Guasha is an ancient Chinese massage tool that was practiced on the body to release toxins, relieve pain, and move stagnant energy, or qi. The word “guasha” roughly translates into “skin scraping.” Just like the ancient modality, modern facial guasha can stimulate healing at a gentle scale and rate. Our guasha stone is crafted from natural rose quartz. Rooted in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Rose Quartz Gua Sha Stone is a massage technique that encourages lymphatic drainage for smoother-looking skin and inspires luminosity. Great for sensitive skin, rose quartz is soothing, calming, and healing, and metaphysically known for increasing self-love and acceptance.
Ideal for long-term sculpting results. It's best to perform guasha on clean skin. Cleanse, tone, and then evenly apply the AVAM Essentials Hydrating Beauty Boost or your favourite facial oil to smoothen the glide of the Rose Quartz Gua Sha
tool and nourish the skin.
- Neck: Starting at the top, gently sweep down towards the clavicle.
- Cheek: From the crease of the nose, glide outwards across each cheek.
- Forehead: Comb upwards from the center of the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Jawline: Using the end of the tool with two curves, glide from the chin until the ear.
- Under-Eye: With the narrow edge, gently stroke from the inner corner towards the ear.
Make sure that you cover each side of your face. Hold your tool with the curved side to your face and glide it gently upwards. Always smoothly stroke upwards in one direction 5 to 10 times per face section.